LFW AW16

After 5 days of frantically running around central London, London Fashion Week is over and I thought I'd do a quick overview of my time before I bury my head in law textbooks. I returned to team Who's Jack, who are all amazingly talented and so much fun to work with, as Fashion Week Press and covered a few shows and presentations, and went to a couple of after parties too. Fashion Week is never as glamorous as it looks if you actually have to do work. As a writer you have to attend multiple collections per day, find somewhere with decent WiFi to begin writing up what you just saw and then coordinate with different photographers to get everything up on time. Although, with this being my second season it was fun bumping into people I met covering last season.  

Sid Neigum 
Writing outside of LFW for Candid Magazine and Hiskind has made me a tad more confident in my writing, so this season I think the tone of my coverage for the LFW was a bit more mature and informative. There was a lot more to cover this season too, so time management was key. I also brought a few friends along to some of the presentations and after parties, as it makes it that much more enjoyable. 

Who's Jack put me down to cover Zandra Rhodes, Fyodor Golan, Belstaff, Sid Neigum, Faustine Steinmetz and a post of street style (links attached). The shows and presentations are always so different so its a lot of fun to approach each write up from a different angle. It's also great bringing my camera along to the shows and learning more and more about taking good pictures (with my basic ass lens haha). All pictures in this post were taken by me :) 
Belstaff for WJLondon
Zandra Rhodes for WJLondon
Fyodor Golan

We also attended some super cool after parties where we had to pretend to act really cool and not starstruck at all. The first was at the Century Club for the launch of the Grooming Room, where I represented the Candid team haha. Then we headed to Drama Park Lane for the Phoenix magazine party. We then revisited Mahiki for the Vin+Omi after party, then headed off to the Linda Farrow party at 14 Leicester Square which had the same crowd as the LCM Diesel party, just with more burlesque dancers haha. My favourite after party would have to be the Galore Magazine launch of their Kitten UK agency at the London Edition Hotel, which also doubled up as the venue for the Hublot x Sang Bleu after party.
I also took over the Candid Magazine social platforms (Twitter | Instagram) to snap some of the best dressed men at LFW. The scope of the brief I was given was quite wide so I was really worried about what I thought was going to be cool and stylish not fitting in with the aesthetic of the magazine. Thank heavens it did!
Street Style for Candid Magazine 

Until next season!
Peace and Blessings,
Andre

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

1 comments: